mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
A
This is probably pretty easy, but I can't seem to figure it...

Basically, I want my CHANNEL to be put onto the desktop when somebody JOINS.

I tried the -d command, but it didn't seem to work.

Any help would be great, thanks!

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Look under mIRC options > Display > Options > click the Windows button and check the windows that you want to be opened on the desktop

O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
Another method, for selected windows: right-click the window's switchbar button and select "Desktop". Right-click again and select "Position > Save".

N
Naz Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
N
Try this...

Code:
on *:join:#channelname: {
  window -dr #channelname
}   

replace #channelname with your channel. The -d will set it as desktop and -r will restore it if it is minimized.

Last edited by Naz; 09/11/04 11:55 AM.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
A
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
A
I only want the channel to switch to the desktop when someone joins. I don't want it on the desktop ALL the time.
When the channel is empty I will take if OFF the desktop manually.

NAZ:

Your code doesn't seem to work:(

Last edited by Anisette; 09/11/04 12:03 PM.
N
Naz Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
N
Hmm, I messed up by trying it on a window that was already set as desktop. blush The -d switch only seems to work at the time a window is created.

I'm guessing you want to be alerted when somebody joins your channel. If so, maybe an echo alert would serve that purpose or a small dialog popup. The showmirc command could be useful if mirc itself might be minimized also.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
You could use the right-click the window's switchbar button and select "Desktop". Right-click again and select "Position > Save". now its on the desktop, but swicth it off the desktop or what ever, but dont save it.

Now you could use this sequence but well need to check if someone is already in the channel so it only does it if there the first join, the check needs to be either 1 or 2, one being just you in the chanel, but it might be 2 if its already added this new person, so try 1 put if it doesnt work try 2.

The idea is when someone joins and your the only current ONE in channel ( or now theres only TWO of you ), you actualy leave the channel close the window, and rejoin the channel, this well cause the desktop setting to be applied, but well clear the channel, you can add code to cacth the channel contents and restore it if thats important i guess.

on *:join:#channelname: {
if ($nick(#channelname,0) == 1) {
part #channelname
window -c #channelname
timer 1 1 join #channelname
}
}

Link Copied to Clipboard