#102417 08/11/04 10:42 AM
F
Fyle Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
F
Hey everyone wink

I just registered here in the hopes that I can get the following two questions answered once and for all. Aside from the questions, this may just turn out to be another great forum to hang out in smile

Questions:

#1 - This, in essence, is really simple, yet I've never found out how to do it in mIRC. I'm using the latest version, 6.16, and what I need to know is this: How do I connect to multiple channels, on different networks/servers at mIRC startup?
For example.. could I add something like this to my PERFORM ON CONNECT box?

Code:
 /server irc.AAA.us
/j #aaa
/server -m irc.BBB.com
/j #bbb
/server -m irc.CCC.net
/j #ccc 

or what? And is there a way to connect to a server AND join a channel on it with one command? Some thing like, say
Code:
 /server irc.bleh.com #gotMILK? 

Would that work? So much for question #1.. the biggest mIRC question I've ever had.

On we go with #2 - How do I maximize all windows within mIRC by default? Every time I start mIRC the one channel I've set to join automatically upon connect is NEVER maximized. I have to maximize it manually every single time frown

Thanks for your time and support.

Greetings,

Fyle confused

PS
I use NNScript.

^^^ Who needs sigs?? Pay attention to the above!! smile ^^^
#102418 08/11/04 11:06 AM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
For #1 see this post.

For #2 maximize your status window, right-click its switchbar button and select "Save" under the "Position" menu. Unless you have saved other window's positions all windows will maximized stay unless you/a script restores/minimizes them. You can use the "Clear All" option to forget all saved window positions.

#102419 08/11/04 12:42 PM
F
Fyle Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
F
Thanks a ton laugh

Both your answers answered my questions. I'm proud! I did my first "scripting" with the answer to Q1 haha.. on a pathetic level, I have to admit, but nevertheless wink

Is there a way to highlight the channel buttons on the left better when new events occur in a channel? Right now all that happens is that the letters for the channel title turn dark red instead from black. That's barely noticeable.. frown

#102420 08/11/04 12:56 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
You can change the colour in mIRC Options (Alt+O) -> Display, choose the colour you want to use from the "Message:" combo box.

#102421 12/11/04 12:26 AM
F
Fyle Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
F
New problem..

I wrote this:

Code:
server -m irc.freenode.net -msg nickserv identify <mypassword> -j #foobar2000

It doesn't work. It just won't automatically identify me through nickserv. I suppose the -msg switch isn't exactly valid.. how could I accomplish this so I can connect to that channel automatically on mIRC startup rather than having to /msg identify myself manually each time upon connection to the server?

Thanks

#102422 12/11/04 06:50 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
You could just add the identify command to mIRC's Perform section. Follow these simple steps:

1. Go to the Perform dialog - ALT+O > Connect > Options > [Perform...]

2. Click on 'Add'

3. Press 'F' to scroll down to the F networks, then find FreeNode and click 'OK'

4. In the box, type /msg nickserv identify password

5. If it isn't checked already, check the box at the top saying 'Enable perform on connect'

6. Click 'OK' and 'OK' again.

You can then connect to FreeNode, and it will perform that command. You could also use the ON CONNECT event if you'd rather script it, quite simple:

on *:connect:{
if ($network == FreeNode) {
msg nickserv identify password
}
}

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard