Print Thread
#102383 08/11/04 04:05 AM
L
Lag Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
L
during netsplits (when in many large channels) my client (mirc 6.14) uses 100% cpu, and becomes completely unresponsive for a good 2-5min, depending on how large the split was. i've looked through the options relating to floods, and cant seem to figure out how i can limit the quit messages.. any ideas?

A
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A
There really isnt any real way. People might post scripts that alter the quit to one line or simply block the message. But mIRC at the program level is still seeing the quit messages.

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
try commenting out on quit events you have and see if that helps. because unless you are on a channel with like 10,000 people on it, i don't see why mirc locks up for so long. If u are on channels with like 10,000 people on them, i'll assume ur downloading files illegally and won't help further.

If commenting out the on quit events helps, then a script can be made to make mirc ignore the on quit events when a netsplit occurs.

A
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A
Well on my computer in a channel of 70 a netsplit will take out 50 and i get locked up but again I have a p.o.s computer

Link Copied to Clipboard