Print Thread
#102010 03/11/04 06:25 PM
E
evolive Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
E
I'm wondering if there is a site somewhere out there (that is easy to understand for someone new in scripting) because I am currently interesting in customizing my own mIRC the way I want it to be...

thanks!

#102011 03/11/04 07:49 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
There's not a particular place you can learn to script. However, many say to start at Aliases. Type /help Aliases in mIRC. Popups are quite easy to learn too. You may wish to see /help popup menus and /help Remote Scripts too.

On top of the relatively simple help file (it's a better reference than teacher), you can use many websites which have been started up by users of mIRC whereby people have submitted their own scripting tutorials. Such sites include www.mirc.net and www.mircscripts.org - click on the 'Tutorials' section.

..And on top of that, just plain experience helps a heck of a lot smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#102012 03/11/04 08:58 PM
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
not to do with this topic, but to do with ments post and this new forum software:

my i suggest a bodge that auto adds http:// to any www. links you type if you type them in plain text because the link ends up like this:

Code:
https://forums.mirc.com/www.mircscripts.org

#102013 03/11/04 09:51 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Fixed - weird "bug" - I used the URL button at the bottom to add the link, because originally that sentence ended with a period which would have linked on (and I find it easier to use [url] tags through the buttons) but it seems to convert it to HTML after posting. The HTML used quotes (i.e. "_blank") and therefore precedes the specified URL with the forum URL.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard