D
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
D
Usualy, when I want to transfer the data I have in a hash table, I use:
/hsave -n hashtable filename.ext
/filter -fw filename.ext @window

I would like to move teh data directly from the hash table to the window. Is it possible at all?

Thank you.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
I don't know of an option like that. Just another suggestion: if you're just loading everything, you should use /loadbuf - it'll be faster, and it was designed for that operation. If you don't need filtering, why use /filter smile

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
No without an inefficient loop through $hget(). Somebody suggested a new switch for /filter to handle that, but it hasn't been added yet.

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
/filter file.txt @win
(ie with no *matchtext*) is just as fast as
/loadbuf @win file.txt

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
D
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
D
Thanks.

I know that /filter and /load bug have the same speed, cause I tested it before.
I have created a big text file and used /buffer and /filter and checked how much time it takes to load it to the window (And it takes a lot of time with big files).

I assume that it takes so much time because the data is being read from the HD instead of the RAM.

I made a test of a loop which repeats lots of time and checks with an IF statement if the data inside a hash tabe is equals 1. I did the same with a text file.
The time it took to do the same thing using hash table was 14% of the time it took to do it with a text file (P3 600 with 133MHz sdram. I assume that faster computers will have it even like 5%).

I think that the same applies to using /filter and transfering the data directly from hash table to a window. Am I right?

Z
Babel fish
Babel fish
Z
where did you get 133MHz SDRAM? :]

Link Copied to Clipboard