mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
C
hello again,
would anyone be able to help with some info on how to block fserve and xdcc ads from being seen on my screen..

would this this be done from the on text command??? if so, could someone show me an example??

thanks in advance

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Yeah,

/part #<enter warez channel here>

There, no more annoying xdcc adds.

Greets

Gone.
C
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
C
heh,
and here goes the age old debate of xdccs being the devils work!
i figured i would get some sort of response like that :tongue:. but seriously how this be done?..... i mean since they are only text files of howto's and such but they are still annoying.

thanks

oh, and one other question .... since everyone pretty much agrees that xdcc are made for illegal filesharing, then why do exist??? (JUST WONDERING)

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Tell me what network/channel it is, so I can come and check the syntax of those xdcc bots.

That way I can make a regex or other matching script, that will detect if the nick is an xdcc, so that you don't have to personally select all nicks you want to ignore text from.

Greets

Gone.
C
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
C
ok here's the thing FiberOPtics,

i've only been in this channel for about a week, i was asked to join by a friend. however i didn't take the time to check the files and it appears i was incorrect about this channel.... most of the texts and seemingly harmless shareware stuff that at first glance look innocent, infact contain reg codes and howto's on how to cheat the authors of many diff programs and other dumb non-sense.... i think perhaps you were right about the /part command blush!

i have since stopped supporting the channel(i guess you would call it that) and left.... i really don't want to be bothered with non-sense like that.... so, i'm withdrawing my request for assisntance on this.....

but just the same if xdcc's are such bad carma then why have these dumb things???? really, all they do is clutter the room anyhow.... lol

but i do appreciate your willingness to help, thanks

on another note.... somthing like this would be a nice feature for a script imho smirk

p.s. again in case you missed it... you had the right assumtion with this one, sorry blush blush

Link Copied to Clipboard