Print Thread
#101573 25/10/04 08:53 PM
G
Gemo Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
I'm setting up being able to automatically log-on to an IRC server and channel. (FYI - I'm using MIRC 6.12)

To do this, I go to the channel menu page and add the channel name (#XXXXX, for example); then on the same pg I go to Add server and it displays a list of servers that I can pick from... The problem is the server that I want (eg. irc.abcde.net) is not on this long list within server.ini.

I am only interested in adding this new server to "my" server.ini file. How do I add a new server to just my server.ini file?

I went into "server.ini" and tried to add the new server info, under the [servers] section, in the same format (sequential # (n***...), etc) as the other entries, but I still couldn't see the new server in the list 'add server' list. (Perhaps I need to exit, and restart MIRC for this to take effect????)

Thanks in advance for some help on this...

#101574 25/10/04 08:57 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
You need to Add it via mIRC options, ALT+O > Connect > Servers. Click on the button 'Add'. For help with filling in those details, click on the 'Help' button.

This is going by 6.16 options, I can't remember if anything's changed, I doubt it for that section - it's always recommended you use the latest version of mIRC, yes, even if it breaks a script.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#101575 26/10/04 09:45 PM
G
Gemo Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
Thanks Chris, this helped solve my problem.

By working on your suggestion I found out that when I was logged on to a server/channel I could go to the Favorites menu and cllick on Add to Favorites, and then the Channel was added along with the server info automatically.

#101576 28/10/04 10:04 AM
R
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
R
try putting this in your remote tab

on 1:START:{
/server -m irc.xxxxxx.org
/server -m irc.xxxxxxx.org
}
on 1:CONNECT: {
if ( xxxxxxxx.org isin $server ) {