Print Thread
#101563 25/10/04 08:16 PM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
i have been rewriting many alias commands, and now i wonder if i can make mirc open "my" help file ? i have been writing down almost as much as the orginal mirc.hlp, the only thing i left out is how to script to mirc, (since people using my script they dont need to script, then no need for that help section).. sny ideas ? and no, i didnt edit mirc.exe, just that i want people to get my help, many commands in mirc's default *.hlp file dont work in my script.. or not the same way as in a clean mirc.. :tongue:

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
#101564 25/10/04 08:35 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
What do you mean get it to open your help file? //run yourfile.hlp?

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#101565 25/10/04 08:48 PM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
i want to be able to press the "help" button and bring up my help smile Khaled made a great job on his help file.. but that one only explain about a clean mirc, not anything about what is in my script.. smile and the user using my script arent intrested in mirc.hlp .. not the default one.. only my help file.. and i cant hide the "help" buttons evenrywhere in mirc's dialogs.. so if somone press "help", then they get wrong information..

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
#101566 25/10/04 09:02 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
As I know it, you cannot do that. I don't see how you have changed the mIRC default dialogs either? (where the Help buttons are)

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#101567 25/10/04 09:15 PM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
I havent.. but that would be needed.. cos if a user want help in my script, then press the help button for an example channel central.. then it bring up mirc.hlp, but that file is useless for the user.. the default commands dont exist it my script. so whats the use for a user to read about commands that will reply with an error cos the comman dont exist.. i made new aliases for the most things in mirc, and they work together with other aliases.. so if you do somthing with the default mirc commands.. then it will end up with halted commands.. and thats why i want to bring up my help instead of mirc's help.. if you running windows XP, then get the help file for windows 3.1 , then the commands arent the same, same as my script.. totaly new commanda.. how ever some of the default mirc commands still exists

#101568 25/10/04 09:23 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Well that may be so (although I'm sure you could have thought of ways to not alias over mIRC commands, the point of a script is not to totally change mIRC into another client, but to enhance it), but it doesn't change the fact that, to the best of my knowledge, you cannot edit which help file the 'Help' buttons lead to.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#101569 25/10/04 09:27 PM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
i changed the alias commands to "fast" commands.. /j = join
/p = part - /b = ban - /k = kick - /h = /hop and so on..

Link Copied to Clipboard