mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
slade Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
HI! I hope someone can help me with my problem.
My mIRC is sending a mp3 to random people on the channel im in!? why?? And how can other people read my remote? I appreciate all the help i can get! /Slade

E
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
E
a clean installation of mirc from www.mirc.com/get.html doesnt do this
youre obviously using a script
incase you dont want to install a new one, which you should in this case since you dont know how to run your irc client,
use /perform off
then !/remote off
exit mirc
restart it

that doesnt help , a clean reinstall of mirc is better and easier answer for you

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
elegantlywasted; I'm just going to point out the obvious that someone can't go round forever with their remote and perform off, it makes much more sense to help solve the issue than just tell them to turn stuff off.

Slade; Their are I suppose, two reasons this would happen, you either have some sort of script that was installed, a bit like a 'virus' shall we say, or, you have installed a script yourself and this is its function. However, in both cases, You can very easily unload scripts from your mIRC following the simple steps;

1. Press ALT + R (alternatively, goto; FILE - TOOLS - Scripts Editor)

2. Goto VIEW - and select the file you wish to unload, if you want to unload everything, skip this stage.

3. To unload a file, goto FILE - UNLOAD - continue this until the 'page' in front of you is blank if you wish to unload all scripts, or just use as required.

Eamonn.

E
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
E
coolkill thanks for youre correction :x

S
slade Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
Thx guys!! and thx for answering in so short time!

Link Copied to Clipboard