Print Thread
#100963 18/10/04 09:54 PM
F
faulk Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
F
hey all faulk here, i need some wicked help.
im new to the dialog creating scene and i need some help. i have created a dialog box, with a few tabs. i have added an edit box, which in return i want to be able to have a user type in words, press a button and have it echo in an active channel. what i have done so far is tried to create an alias [which i know is the problem] and do an on*:DIALOG: command using a did statement. if anyone can understand what im trying to say give me some help please ahhhh thanks

nate@thebestmistake.com if needed

Nate Faulkenberry
#100964 18/10/04 10:04 PM
Z
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Z
Hmm.. if I undestood you correctly: on *:dialog:[color:red]Name:sclick:Button ID: echo -a $did(Id of the editbox).text[/color]

Hope this can help you out a bit,
Zyzzyx smile

"All we are saying is give peace a chance" -- John Lennon
#100965 18/10/04 10:20 PM
F
faulk Offline OP
OP Offline
F
exactly, that make it work, i kinda noticed that $did variable before, i never thought to use it, basically it works using $did(dname,id)seltext

another problem i have is getting this same information to reply in a window. if anyone has suggestions about that let me know smile

Nate Faulkenberry
#100966 18/10/04 10:24 PM
Z
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Z
Cool, glad it works smile

You can do the same thing to echo it in a window, but replace -a for the window's name. You can also use the /aline command. NOTE: You have to use it if the window is a listbox (created with the -l flag).

Zyzzyx smile

#100967 18/10/04 10:43 PM
F
faulk Offline OP
OP Offline
F
hmm i cant seem to get that to work the same here is what i have going:

on *:DIALOG:eSpam:sclick:*: {
if ($did == 900) { /msg $active $did(eSpam,500)seltext }
if ($did == 901) { /window -a @test $did(test,500)seltext }

it doesnt want to work right

Nate Faulkenberry
#100968 18/10/04 11:40 PM
Z
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Z
You first need to create the window. After that, try using either /echo @test <text here> or /aline @test <text here> (without the < >)

To create a window, try /window -e @name (the -e will add an editbox, which might be useful) smile

Zyzzyx.

#100969 18/10/04 11:54 PM
F
faulk Offline OP
OP Offline
F
if ($did == 901) { /window -e @test /echo @test $did(asdf,500)seltext }

i have this, but it still doesnt seem to work right, im doing everything u said to try, but where u put just <text> i am a little confused as of what i should really put there, mind you that i need to echo the same info from $did(asdf,500)seltext to the window, also if you know how to add color into this could you let me know smile. basically what i mean by that is i have another option that adds color, bold, and underline. im not sure if i have to make an alias or what

Nate Faulkenberry
#100970 19/10/04 12:09 AM
Z
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Z
First of all, the identifier's property is precede by a dot (.), so $did(asdf,500)seltext should actually be $did(asdf,500).seltext.

Second, when you wish to perform more than 1 command, you can either separate them with a pipe ( | ) or put them different lines. Eg:

if (1234 isnum) { command1 | command2 | command3 }
if (abcd !isnum) {
command1
command2
command3
}

So, in your case, you should have this: { /window -e @test [color:red]| /echo @test $did(asdf,500).seltext }[/color]

You want to echo the $did().seltext part, isnt it? So you should replace <text here> with the $did identifier. And yes, it is possible to add colors to echo's and aline's.

In the echo command: /echo <color number> @test <text>
In the aline command: /aline <color number> @test <text>

For the bold and underline effect you must insert them in the text manually (Ctrl + B & Cltr + U). They don't work like the color, which you can in the command itself.

I hope this can help you smile
Zyzzyx.

#100971 19/10/04 12:22 AM
F
faulk Offline OP
OP Offline
F
it finally worked, thank you for pointing out my errors, i didn't understand the | and how it changed things a bit smile.

as for the color, well bascially the outline plan is, to be able to type:
hello my name is nate
add a color:
hello my name is nate
and also to make it underlinable, and bold. I need this to work in a window and in a normal IRC channel. I think I can get most of this on my own, but wouldn't I have to create an alias that basically states: when this is checked make the output bold etc. Thanks for the help again

Nate Faulkenberry

Link Copied to Clipboard