For whatever reason I am unable to display flat buttons in dialogs and I'm trying to determine if others have this problem.

Take this very simple script:
dialog test-table {
size -1 -1 100 100
option dbu

button "Button1", 1, 10 10 50 10
button "Button2", 2, 10 30 50 10, flat
}

alias test {
dialog -md test-dialog test-table
}

Executing /test will popup the dialog and both buttons will look the same. I figured something in 6.16 broke so I tried it in 6.03 where I vaguely remember it working a long time ago and it didn't work either! I searched the site here and noticed its use in other peoples code so I figured it had to be me. I re-typed the above snippet on another machine and ran it there and got the same result - no flat button!

Now, the only thing I can reasonably say between the time I thought flat buttons worked in 6.03 and today is that I upgraded to windows xp sp2 and applied the latest patches on both machines. So I loaded dialog studio up and created a flat button and the preview there works just fine so I thought that ruled out a large scale microsoft goof.

I'm pretty baffled at this point, and am looking to see if anyone else has this problem and what we might have in common if others can duplicate it.

-Yil