mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
dealey Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
I had downloaded a beautiful .DLL named Resolve.dll that could do a Host2IP conversion without any problem in 6.03. Now I have upgraded to 6.16 and the same DLL call just dies.

I have the source code which is assembler, I have generated a new .dll on my own machine with MASM32 which should just return a dummy string but even that won't work.

What is going on here. Are there issues between 6.03 and 6.16 regarding DLLs? Anyone who have had similar experiences?

This is the simple call I try to make:
%IP = $dll(Resolve.dll,HostToIP,%fulladdress)

And control never returns to script after this. It just dies somewhere inside the DLL. Aint it a bitch.

D
dealey Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
I have started labbing here and this is how it pans out:
6.03 OK
6.02 OK
6.1 Not OK
6.12 Not OK
6.14 Not OK
6.16 Not OK

So, the DLL stops working when Mirc moves up to 6.1. Looking at the update list I only see the following change that seems a bit suspicious:

31.Now using Visual C++ .NET 7.0 to compile mIRC.

Has something happened with the calls ?

Give this bitchin problem some attention. I cant believe it is happening to me!! cool

T
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
Sounds like the .dll is outdated due to changes in mIRC coding from 6.1+ If you can find an updated version of the .dll then by all means download it otherwise you will be stuck unless you can program your own .dll which you've already attempted.

If the dll you downloaded has a home page or the email of the programmer available - that's your best options to start with an upgrade.

Good luck,

Talea

D
dealey Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
Well, I have it narrowed down now to the return string. Something about it that just doesn't agree with new versions of Mirc. I am downloading Borland C++ and rewriting the whole thing. Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Forgive me for possibly missing something, but why use a dll to perform a function (dns lookups) that mIRC can do natively? confused

D
dealey Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
mIRCs /dns command is very useful if you want to display information about a certain host/ip, but it isn't useful at all if you want to use the results in a script. You'll need to synch certain parts of the script and mess with delayed variables.

The problem can be solved by a dll that utilizes Winsock API's, which has the ability to perform a dns lookup on-the-fly.

I finally got it to work in C++ here, so I will post it on the boards as soon as I write a little intro. Bitchin, the MASM version was shot to pieced by Khaleds upgrades.

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Oooh. Ok, now I see. Thanks smile

Link Copied to Clipboard