mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
C
Hiya guys,

I'm quite new to the worls of Mirc so I need a bit of help. I run an internet radio station and need to set up a chat room. I'm looking for a channel which will support having myself as a room owner, with the ability to set certain people as permenent moderators so that when they enter a room, they automatically become mods. I also want to create a room which will allow me to change room topics. Can anyone recommened a reliable channel that supports all this?

Thanks in advance guys.

Z
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Z
You might want to try this thread here.

Good luck,
Zyzzyx smile

"All we are saying is give peace a chance" -- John Lennon
C
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
C
Thanks mate cool

C
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
C
hmmm i'm still struggling guys. Efnet was recommended to me by a friend, but according to that list, you can't register a channel on there. I'm looking for somewhere reliable where I can register a permanent channel that won't close down once i've left that channel. Can anyone help please?

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
All channels effectively 'close' down once everyone leaves. The two biggest IRC networks that allow free & easy channel registration with Services is DALnet and GameSurge. All you need is a registered account (or nickname) to register a channel. Check out their websites for further help - www.dal.net | www.gamesurge.net - There are links in that thread above.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
C
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
C
Thanks mate. Is there a way around it? - like having a permanent bot in the room to keep it active (eggdrop bot?). I've been recommended to use Efnet but they don't support bots or channel registration so i'm knackered I think frown

Last edited by carlsbriggs; 10/10/04 06:32 PM.
Z
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Z
I only know DALnet and Undernet networks, and DALnet's channel registering process is quicker and easier, since you just need to register a nick and then a channel (am I right?).

On Undernet you gotta register a username - not a nick - then send the Channel application to CService. You will need 10 different supporters for the channel and a lot of activity in it. DALnet is easier, I guess, but I am not very familiar with it.

I don't know about DALnet, but Undernet allows eggdrops as long as they do not bother anybody. Channel protection bots, trivia bots, RPG bots are ok but war bots are not. I assume DALnet also allows them.

I can't say anything about other networks, for I don't really know them.

Good luck,
Zyzzyx smile

"All we are saying is give peace a chance" -- John Lennon
C
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
C
Thanks mate, cheers for your help cool

Link Copied to Clipboard