Sadly, (Distributed) Denial of Service attacks are not uncommon on IRC and they can often render networks useless temporarily or indeed, permanently.

If you can connect to one network but not another one then it hasn't got anything to do with mIRC, it's a server issue. We obviously can't say what's going on with networks 'behind the scenes' because we have nothing to do with them (necessarily) so the best thing we can suggest is wait 24-48 hours for the network to clean itself up or contact the network administration via their website. You might also search their website for any news that may have been posted regarding the issue.

DALnet has been hard to connect to for the past few days, I have no idea exactly why this is. Given it's history it *might* be attacks on some servers, there is no way of me knowing though. I haven't personally tried connecting to GameSurge but it may be the same issues.

As for this /s msgbot command, you may have an /s alias that acts like /server. Try typing /server irc.gamesurge.net to make sure you're not just reconnecting to 'msgbot'. You could also try another server - check out the GameSurge website. You could also post on their forums or search their forums for information.
As an added note you should not be typing what other people tell you to type unless you know them well AND you know what the command does.

Hope you get back online soon!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris