I try to keep my code in symetry even if it means a bit more typing, its just prefrence, but here as with the use of $($time,0) etc i was trying to show a point about producing zero evaluations of a object, which was the basis of his problemwith the timer not doing as he expected.
While the other ways are less code, and i uses em regually i felt it might confusde the issue have $({,0) ${|) & $!time

As a side note, did you notice how i didnt uses a ELSE but rather useds a !negator of the original IF condition, when in a timer like this, for what ever reason the ELSE is not acted apon in a normal fashion. Its fine when like this
a = 1 , b = 1
if (a == b) { echo same } else { | echo different}
result "same"

but if its
a = 1 , b = 2
result "differnt"
ELSE Unknown command ( aka a raw 421)

its like the IF failes so the codes jumped over then it hits the ELSE and goes hmm dont know that command must be a server command ill send it off to the server, aghh more code follows echo "different". (maybe i missed something but couldnt find it when i looked)

I guess a dummy alias ELSE { } could be added, but i think thats a bit shonky as then if your calling an alais you might as well put all the code in one.

The reason i learnt to do timers with multiple commands, was so i could flush all the scripts files, and still have an event perform as i wished it to, no missing alias being called.