Let's say you have a hash file that grows and becomes smaller often. Just setting one slot value for it does not seem very efficient. Perhaps some setting could be added to make a hash table self-adjusting as needed.

Right now I have a script managing the hash table by checking to see if it's within my accepted range (items/slots) every so often, and if it isn't, then it frees the table, and reloads it with the appropriate number of slots/items. (meanwhile any other value that was supposed to have been taken out of the hash file or added is added to a lil queue list, the script then checks to see if the hash table has been reloaded yet at short intervals and keeps checking till it is, then performs those duties when able to).

Now, I do have a question. How important is it exactly? If I have a hash table with 50,000 items, and only 50 slots, what delay will I be looking at here? And vice versa, if I only have 50 items in a hash table with 5,000 slots, how much memory would that take up exactly? This would be useful info for the help file. wink

- Wherever you go there you are.[color:lightgreen]