Your attempt at debunking Watchdog's example is also flawed. Windows 98, 2000, XP are all completely seperate products. mIRC v6.03 and mIRC v6.12 are not seperate products. I think that is a pretty important distinction to understand. Also, I won't get into comparing the resources between the two software companies here smile

That said, I don't think he should go to the trouble to update 6.03. Software development works by moving forward, not by bending over backward to please a small minority. If you have problems with 6.12, suggest alternatives to that version and help it to improve.

Quote:

These people have paid to get told they can use their old versions, which they are happy with, and get crashed every 5 secs, upgrade to a version they don't want to use, or lose their money and go to a completely different client.

Nobody has been 'told' anything. As you said yourself, you have been given a choice between 6.03 or 6.12. What you're asking for is beyond anything that Khaled has ever offered in the past.

Of course, this is all just MHO.

-chris