Quote:

Did I ever once say you should NOT be able to modify this setting from an alias or that such a feature would not be welcomed?

No, but as has been said many times before, actions speak louder than words. Your posts do seem to be more geared toward opposition rather than support of the idea.

Quote:

No, I did not, and I did not write mIRC, Khaled did, so don't go off on me if it doesn't do something you want it to.

I didn't "go off" on anyone, and mIRC not having this option is not that important to me either. Actually, I have wanted to be able to do this for quite a long time, and I have only now decided to make a request regarding this. If it was that important to me, I believe I would have made the request years ago.

Quote:

Personally, I don't care whether it does or not. I've never gotten into a position where I can't call "/localinfo -h" or "/localinfo -u" if my script requires it.

I believe my original post was very clear about what I wanted to do, and I believe it was very clear that I already know what is currently possible using this command. Furthermore, I do have a script where that info needs to be called numerous times, and I doubt that people appreciate having their status window flooded with localinfo replies. Of course, I could explain how to change the mode by going through options, but it is my experience that most people wouldn't bother to read about doing it, much less actually going through with the actual activity. And, yes, in this case, the majority of people would prefer that I just change the mode through the script instead of wondering why they have to go through all of this trouble of trying to set it how it should be.

Quote:

I'm not psychic, I was unaware of your apparent greatness, and was merely attempting to offer a suggestion.

This has nothing to do with the perception of one's own greatness. It appears that I failed to convey myself in my first two posts, so I made the third post much more direct. Do you wish me to continue to pussyfoot around for another 3 posts to get my point across? I don't. There is just no pleasing some people! You offerered your suggestion, and I believe I made it clear that the changing of the mode through the command is what was desired. I am not sure of what other action(s) I should have taken, according to you.

Quote:

In the future, I shall refrain

If that is what you wish to do, then do so. It isn't much of a concern to me either way. [I suppose that this honesty reply will also be seen as some sort of intense rudeness.]