With my previous com, whenever I download a file from irc, the filename is always incomplete, making it very difficult to resume files with the same starting filenames. When I click DCC in mirc, my whole program gets disconnected. And the DCC window that appears is a weird rectangular one with very funny filenames that I'm sure are not in my system. (eg, xxx_~_ , with underscores and the curly line) Maybe they're modified filenames, I'm not sure. This prob only started this year. Initally I thought it was a pc problem. So i got a new system, but the same problem is occuring.

I'm on a router but this problem didn't surface till the start of this year. I've checked and my router is working fine. I've been DDCing for a loong time with the same mirc version and router..all went well until when i formatted my com and reinstalled mirc. But it's weird how a new system gets this error as well.

mirc version - 5.91
Router - SMCABR7004
Network card - 3Com

Anyone can solve this ?? Been asking ard..no one has the answers. All help will be greatly appreciated. Thx a million ^^