Quote:
your not wanting a prefix thing changed ... your wanting the literal spaces issue fixed ....... thats an ENTIRELY different issue, so lets just stay ON THIS ISSUE without adding others to it. im sorry if your mind thinks of seeing one issue and then suddenly changes it into several others, i cant help the way u think.

..Yeah, I think you really didn't read my posts.
Lets break them into 2 easy pieces.

1st piece:
I say: I want the ability to modify the prefix, having the same display as before.
You say: Script it, it's so easy.

What I said above has always been totally clear. By suggesting to script it, you brought the multiple spaces issue already, as explained below.

2nd piece:
I say: Firstly, "script it" isn't a solution for everyone and mIRC has always considered the ones who don't script. Secondly, the result wouldn't be what I want. I want to change only the prefix. Nothing else. And, if I script it, it won't change only the prefix.. it will also change the text display, eating multiple spaces.
You say: That's another issue, you don't want to change the prefix, you want the spaces issue fixed. I can't help the way you think.

Well, I'd say I can't help the way you think, because it's pretty clear that the multiple spaces issue isn't off-topic since it is related to your supposed solution. Meaning that although you change the prefix with that, you end up with a new problem. A "solution" that brings another problem isn't a real solution, sorry if you can't understand that.

Also, "script it" isn't a real solution not only because of the multiple spaces issue. I mentioned the issue with people who don't script too. Just read my posts.

That said, since I'm not into the "multiple spaces issue" subject (geez, I'm not even suggesting here to fix it).. even if we had total control of multiple spaces, a customizable event prefix would still be valid.
Regardless of any scriptable solution, it's still valid.

Well, since I'm repeating and clarifying and repeating and clarifying and repeating what I said before, I'll just quit this thread from here. Hope you don't mind.

* cold edits his posts 24/7