The danger about generalizing is that someone is going to be offended because they are outside the percieved "norm". Altho i dont see any point in continuing to debate this on open forum, and would like it to end, there is one thing i would like to say. Honesty, i say it knowing you will find something to argue with about it, but its by way of a thank you and pat on the back to many ppl so i'll deal with that.

Between here, help channels, and my chosen profession, i tend to see the dregs of society on a regular basis. Luckily, for every rude, argumentative,spiteful, abusive person i see, i can think of several that arent any of those things. Within your example of these forums, for each person you named i can easily think of many who go out of their way to help, many who take the time to say thank you, and many who simply ask their question and are glad for the answer. Sadly, its the bad that tends to stick out in ppl's memories.

So, for those of you who volunteer your help and go out of your way to find an answer, those of you who take the time to say thank you, and those of you who stand out just because you are polite, be it here, IRC, or IRL, thanks!

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet