Does anyone know of any public irc networks allowing unusually long strings for part of your address?

• NICKLEN > 30 ?

In the 005 notice you receive at login, which some networks let you repeat later with /version
    there's an item indicating the longest lick they'll let you use. The longest I've seen is 30, and I'm wondering if anyone uses or knows of networks allowing nicks longer than 30?
  • USERID > 10 ?

The vast majority of networks limit this length to 10, but I know that IRCHighway allows it to be 11, and I'm wondering if anyone knows of any other networks which let this be longer than 10?
  • Hostname > 63

Not sure if this is a limitation or a configuration default by the network, but the longest hostname in an address that i've seen is length 63. To find the longest hostnames in your IAL, you can run these 2 commands. The 1st one does a /who #channelname for any channel where there are nick(s) not in your IAL, and the 2nd one creates an array of 64 zeroes, then replaces it with the count of how many nicks in the IAL have a hostname of each of those 64 lengths. If the last of the 64 numbers in the output is not a zero, I'd like to know which network would allow that.

//var -s %i $chan(0) , %delay 1 | while (%i) { if ($nick($chan(%i),0) != $ialchan(*,$chan(%i))) { timerwho $+ %i 1 %delay who $unsafe( $chan(%i) ) | inc %delay 5 } | dec %i } | timerwho?

//var %array $str(0 $chr(32),64) , %i 1 | while ($ial(*,%i)) { var %v1 $v1 , %len $min(64,$len($gettok(%v1,2,64))) , %new $gettok(%array,%len,32) + 1, %array $puttok(%array,%new,%len,32) | if (%len > 60) echo -a $v1 %v1 | inc %I } | echo -ag %array

Last edited by maroon; 22/11/22 11:45 AM.