Here's the thing... I don't want to USE the "if".

The point of that command is to write to a file, specifically to write...

"if $address == $$2" to test.txt

I want the "If" to be output to the file, not interpreted as a command. The command works fine, it's executed properly and fills the variables properly. The problem is instead of writing "if" to the file, it's trying to interpret it as a command (as in, like your example, it's expecting an actual IF statement being used).

$$2 in this example is a usererid @ address pulled from a list box. Right click the name, you are presented options. One of those adds the entry to a cross referenced file maintaining permenant bans and statistics surrounding that.

The commands intent is to search an existing script full of entries like this...
on *:join: {
if $address == blablabla @ blablabla { goto 1 }
if $address == blablabla @ blablabla { goto 2 }
else return
:1
blabla
:2
blabla
}
The desired result is to right click one of the entries in the list box, and have the script create a new "if $address == blablabla { goto #}" entry at the top of the list of them after the on join.

The seek works, right clicking the list box fills the variables properly, but I cannot find any method of making it add a line "if $address == blablabla" because it's trying to interpret the IF statement instead of just dump it to file.

Hope this makes more sense now.

I will try seperating the -i$readn but I don't think that will help. frown

As for "if" usage, trust me I understand haha. I've got more than 5,000 lines of script into my little project thus far. smile

Last edited by Dark_Sky; 20/12/02 12:34 PM.