Hello,

I am new to mirc chat bot script writing but do have a little (and I do mean little) bit of basic code writing experience granted it has been over 10 years since I have written any code.

I am going to be creating a chat bot to sit in my twitch channel to run a special kind of raffle where users can spend their streamelements points to enter the raffle.

Before you ask "why not use streamelements or streamlabs built in raffle?" the answer is because I would like for my followers to have an increased chance of winning the raffle and so far I haven't found a bot that does that. Also the bot is going to check on a couple other things that other bots don't before entering the user into the raffle. Another question you might ask is why not write my own script for a point system instead of using Streamelements point system. The answer to that is why recreate something that is already working the way I want it to? If I cant get the API to work correctly then I will end up creating my own point system bot.

ok, with that out of the way onto my issue. Using information from Streamelements API documents, I am trying to figure out how to have the bot setup so that when the users type !EnterRaffle in the channel chat the bot will check to see if the user has enough points, if they do it will subtract the needed amount from their total and then enter them into the raffle. Below is a link to the documents on StreamElements API.

My first question is, how do I look up my channels ID? It looks like this is required to use the commands (from below docs) to interact with the StreamElements API

Next question is how do I use these commands with my mIRC bot? Will I need something loaded onto my computer ontop of the mIRC application to interact with outside sources? Keep in mind I'm new to this so I will most likely be asking some follow up questions to your answer.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Look up users points:
https://dev.streamelements.com/#points__channel___user__get

Add/Remove points from user:
https://dev.streamelements.com/#points__channel___user___amount__put