Right.

I certainly forgot that -s was meant to execute command from the file (not what I was trying to accomplish, I wanted to play the file locally from a status window, a pain!).

If "//play -a echo test.txt" reports an error, "//play -as echo test.txt" doesn't but it looks like the two switches cannot be used together, -s executes commands from the file, -a allow us to use any alias to be called with the line passed as parameter.
What I'm trying to say is: it's unclear what -as should do, if -s is validated, shouldn't it ignore -a and just execute line as command in the status window?
If -a is going to be used, shouldn't it ignore -s and just call the alias? If -as is supposed to work together, well this behavior for -s (where it won't end up executing line as command) is not described in the help file:
Quote:
In this case, /play is passing the name of the window and the text to the /echo alias you have specified
Why is /play passing the window name to /echo? This behavior is not described in the help file and I don't think it's correct behavior.

I also think that -a (and -e, actually) should allow us to bypass the 'status windows' issue, "/play -a echo test.txt" should work in status window, we currently get 'cannot play to this window', same with -e, since with an alias, we can handle the connected/not connected state ourselves, and with -e, it's locally displayed anyway.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel