It's been quite a while since I upgraded my (registered) copy of mIRC; I'm still running 6.21. Recently, it appears that one instance (of four) has stopped reading servers from the servers.ini file - if I look at the file in NotePad, all the servers are still there; if I look in Tools/Option/Servers, there's nothing at all. I can't find any way to manually load the server list, and I don't want to sit there and retype them all in. The other three instances, all in subdirectories off the main mIRC directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\mIRC) are having no problems.

(This is moderately important; A Certain Network doesn't enforce its written policies on server access, and for some reason, the randomizer DNS resolution gets cached, so I *have* to use the group round robin feature to get a connection to that network.)

[OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64]

I'm sorta willing to bite the bullet and upgrade; I resisted because of initial reports back around 6.3 or whatever followed my current version that scripts were breaking horribly. That's one of my questions...

1. If I upgrade, will my aliases and scripts in fact continue working, or will I have to do serious debugging and rewriting?

2. If I upgrade, is the new version going to honor whatever seems to have gotten corrupted and broken, and refuse to read servers?

3. Is there some way - either in 6.21 or in the current version - to correct the server list problem I've described?