I'm sure mIRC is looking at that and treating the |'s like they are meant to be... basically creating a new line. As such, ; after a | works as a comment for that specific command. However, your last example, the ; would comment not just noop, but also the end bracket, which of course messes up the code. That makes sense based on the code. If you were to put a | before the final bracket on that line, it would probably work as you are wanting.

I'm not really sure if that should be changed. ; should comment the entire line. With |'s, the entire line is what is between one | and the next (or the end of the line). Otherwise, you're going to have to treat mid-line ;'s differently than beginning-line ;'s because you'd have to tell mid-line ;'s to NOT comment a } . I'm not really sure that's a good idea.

I'm trying to think of other languages with mid-line commenting and can't come up with any off the top of my head. There's end-line commenting in some languages. There might be mid-line commenting in some languages in the form of /* */ , but that has an END, whereas ; does not.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net