@Tomao: I can't test it right now, but I'm pretty sure what you have in your most recent post won't work. $input cannot be used in an event. You can put the $input on a timer to get around that issue, but you haven't done so. You put the timer on the echo line instead.

Also, you are echoing within 1 second of displaying the $input (even if it did work) and it's unlikely anyone will click touch that input box within that time period.

This should work fine if you want the value set as a variable (use whatever params you need). Though you cannot use echo (even on a timer) with this method because you don't know how long it will take before someone presses something.
Code:
.timer 1 1 var %input = $!input(Please click something)

Instead, you could use an alias...
Code:
.timer 1 1 $!iif($input(Please click something),clickedok,clickedcancel)
alias clickedok { echo -a clicked ok }
alias clickedcancel { echo -a clicked cancel }

I believe that's what Tomao was doing with $! in the $iif().

@westor: Please explain why you think you need an $input box here. It is almost guaranteed that $input isn't what you should really be using regardless of any workarounds that can be used to make it work. What exactly are you trying to accomplish with $input ? As mentioned, you can easily include a real dialog, or a $tip or some other method of communication here instead of $input and it would be better.

Last edited by Riamus2; 03/03/11 02:29 PM.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net