argv0 and Riamus2, thanks for the time you have invested to reply.

I'm taking you back to a key sentence in my post:
Originally Posted By: MeiR_ct
Before mentioning future development and progress of the rest of IRC world, let me please remind the current situation.

All you said is right, and I support complete moving to Unicode.
But, as argv0 said, it came as a surprise! And therefore, there is a complete mess now, especially in local networks.of non-english countries.

Every fact or claim that I've mentioned about clients, was refered to command input, and not user messages input/display.
Even after you enable UTF encode/decode in all those major clients, basic commands like "nick" and "join" will [or should] be sent with codpages, as the way it was in mIRC until 6.35, since the vast majority of servers just won't understand anything else.
Have a look in here: http://searchirc.com/ircd-versions
And about bots etc., it's not trivial at all that, for example, a php written security bot, was programmed to recognize unicode nicknames, or to store them in a database, or to utf-encode its commands to the server.

You said that implementing utf nicks support in ircd is technically possible, and the reason it's not on the go, is developers' laziness.
If talking technically, let's take the simplest examples, such as nick prefixes, or colons. Do you have any idea how much implemention is needed to re-define structures, parameters syntax, arguments, etc.? And that's only for these few characters!
Well, you talked like it's only re-writing a bunch of few lines in the source code, while actually it's kind of starting from scratch in the majority of methods.

About sticking to 6.35, we should understand something. As soon as it gets to a release of higher version, aka upgrade, users will almost always update their software, and rightly; mIRC 7 is not only a matter of moving to Unicode. There are, and there will be new features, improvements, and of course, bug fixes.
It barely can be controlled by network owners.

So, also if assuming that in some past cases servers have conformed to clients, the current mess in the kind of servers that I've mentioned, should get considered.
And also if assuming that developers' laziness is the main obstacle in IRCds aspect, an extra time should be given to them, since the needed work is decent and far from being simple or immidiate.

I had no much time to fully answer to all your replies, but I assume this discussion, even if without briging benefits, will continue.

My main claim: Although the idea is great and a work should be done, mIRC could wait for it, and not to try and force the idea on IRCds as it did, ending with users get between the hammer and the anvil.