Basically I'm trying to do the following. (personal info removed)

[01:01:46] <APBBR> [Hostname Checker]: Name: Username IP: ***.***.***.*** Host: c-***-***-***-***.hsd1.il.comcast.net 10/07/2010 at 01:01am

I want the script to basically read the username and IP from this line of text and if the file doesn't exsist, create a file using the username and IP given, so say it's me. A file NXwolf.txt would be created. Then the script would read in the IP the comes from the APBBR bot and scan the txt file for that IP. If the IP doesn't exsist in the file, it will create a new line at the top of the document as seen below.

IP: IP found last on Date at Time

If the IP does exsist, it will delete that line of text and readd the IP data to the top of the list. This is so we can tell when the last time that IP was found on the server.

Then I will be creating a read system that will search by username. If file found, will return the content's listed in the file (up to latest 10 IP's found).

I would also like the script to be able to create files and store them via the IP using the same method above, but based on IP's and store usernames in a file based on IP. I'm just not sure how to get an IRC script to recognize a "." that's not a command, but part of the text itself.

Hope that explains more of what I'm trying to do.

Last edited by NXwolf; 22/11/10 06:51 AM.