I'm new to the programming world of MIRC. I know some C++ which is what I'mt rying to work with.

basically, I'd like to know if I can design and create programs using C++ code that can interact with MIRC channels. I know enough about MIRC that I've created scripts for it using mrc files and such, but I want to add some more things such as a timer to some scripts and don't know how with MIRC, but do know with C++.

If this is possible, how would I go about making a program that can read from say "a game server admin channel" and perform several task's that I want it to do. Such as, one of the things I'd like to create is a program that once a person in game types !pollendgame, that people can start to type out !vote yes/no and have a tally done on it. From the moment !pollendgame was read on IRC, the program would have 30 seconds before it would end, tally up the votes, and do the appropreate action based on the votes.

A lot of the things I'd like to create are based on a timer and incrementing a variable. I know how to do all this with C++, but I don't know how to get a C++ program to read and recognize data from IRC.

Thanks for any help you can offer.