To start off: Yes i know this functionality is purposeful, the bug is that one aspect of mirc is clashing with an option, and should be added as another option.

When a user enables the reconnect on disconnect option. the requested action doesn't seem to be taken on ERROR msgs, more so it seems to not happen when the word kill or killed is in said error msg.

This seems kinda pointless, mirc's job isn't to protect opers, or make our lifes easier (i'm network founder of a private irc network with 300 or so users), whats the point of making a reconnect option when, for some of mirc's users, 50% of disconnects is from a kill, most of them not even being a serious /kill.

Sure you could go on and on about oper abuse and what not, but that's not mirc's place(mirc as a forum, and as an application) to judge how one runs their network, nor is its good programming to include a option to do something such as reconnect on disconnect, then decide to add ifs, ands, or, buts, to said option... kills are disconnects, end of story, reconnect on them.

Last edited by FaiNT; 03/08/10 04:50 PM.

known on irc as MrStonedOne
read my full post before replying or dont reply. tl;dr isn't allowed here