Every time I try to open up Mirc, I get this message. "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." This only happens when I log into Windows via Normal Mode. I tried logging into Windows with SafeMode and I'm able to open up Mirc on there with no problems whatsoever. What could be causing this from happening? The only thing that I can think of is I updated my Firefox browser to version 3.6.6 and the plug-ins yesterday yesterday. Also, I'm able to open up all other programs such as Utorrent. For some reason, this is only affecting Mirc. I'm also using Windows Xp.

This is super frustrating as I use irc every single day. Has anyone ever experienced this before? I have exhaustively tried to solve this problem but to no avail. I have tried searching everywhere on google for a solution and haven't found anything. I posted on geekstogo.com last night, but nobody has yet to reply to me on there.

Thank you for the time you took to read this post. I really hope someone out there can help me out. Thank you..