@RusselB,
First, ty alot for your answer. By just reading your first line, I (all excited / wind up) must say I guess your post is prolly going to cover one "hyphothesis" that I've been working with inside my head.

Anyways, before I continue, let me post what I got when I stated this issue in a random #mirc channel on some network.

[18:46:10] <Zinob> oxicarus`: they probably meassure time in different ways. The most likely reason is that one get the system time when the system was started and subtract that from teh curent time.
[18:46:40] <Zinob> While the other one calculates the up time by adding the cumulative time of all processes.
[18:47:37] <Zinob> OR that both of them use the first mentioned method but one querys the BIOS clock (not overly likely) while the other one querys the system clock.
[18:47:53] <Zinob> Windows time keeping is not very presize...

..which was in fact interesting, but I still cannot get the "consistency" from it, given the fact that I (as I described) get different offsets with different computers.

NOW(!)
Back to my idea. It's like this. With THIS machine, my primary (dash stationary) 2.4GHz E2220 with 4GB RAM, I get the - satisfying - figures of "0 sec mismatch", eg. exactly the same uptime with systeminfo.exe as with mIRC's $uptime. Not roughly, but exactly!

Then, when I tried it on my girlfriend's computer, a couple of years old laptop (Centrino 2GHz w/ 1GB RAM), I got a shift on well around 10 seconds. mIRC's $uptime gave the slightly "better" uptime.

On my own - ancient - laptop, a Thinkpad X30 (Intel P3, 1.2GHz / 512MB RAM), I got a shift on around 40 secs. Also here, mIRC's $uptime showed a slightly longer uptime.

So by looking on results on these three computers, I came to wonder; was this a coincidence, or could it actually have something to do with the hardware per se..? I'm still in a quest though, a few more "labrats" that could come up with results would be nice. What do you think, overall?

Last edited by Gewisch; 04/11/09 06:32 PM.