Watchdog: You make a big thing about the 'anti-AnythingBig brigade' just saying no to anything commercial, has it ever occurred to you that your rantings immediately qualify you for a ranking position in the 'anti-anythingFree brigade'?

Nope: I use VNC which is freeware and prefer it to PC Anywhere which is commercial software so where do you get the idea that I am against free software?

In addition, I have also conducted celebrity/auditorium chats and I know that you are not fully aware of how they work. If you did you would realise that +m is not the only mode involved in setting one up, at least in software that has many functions and options. Don't get me wrong, I am not holding that against you but you are professing to understand fully when you clearly don't.

-----------------------------------------

Monosex: Actually think about what you say - a bot puts nowhere near the load in a server an active human chatter does. The top ten channels on most big networks with dozens of servers are all wares channels with mostly bots + a few leachers. If those, say, 1000 users were real people speaking to each other, on main or in private I would think you'd find a far bigger load albiet one that the IRCd should still be able to tolerate. At the end of the day I am not disputing that a freeware IRCd is good, I am just saying that commercial software (in this case) is superior.

codemaster: In another post re: mIRC language support you quoted that an MDX based dialogue for your MP3's was stalling your mIRC for 10 secs in which I replied with a three line mIRC script that does the same job in about a 10th of a second, that is what I referred to before.

Here you are quoting your CV, though the thing is, no-one has ridiculed or disputed it so I don't know what you are trying to gain apart from using this forum to flog your product. Before you accuse me of digressing from the thrust of this thread I'll just remind you that until you and Starbucks started there was no mention of anything but room modes relating to private chats. My reference to 'fantastic' could hardly be attributed to a change of subject.

In short guys, I am not paid by Webmasters, nor do I think that CR is the one and only. But in the experience I have had with it - it simply does the job I want it to do and freeware does not. Not because freeware is freeware but because the inclusion of the required functions that has the scalabilitythat CR has is not available in freeware or indeed alot of other commercial software such as Chatspace and IRC Plus. You would only regard it as a waste of money if you do not require the scalability and functionality that CR offers.