My MDX based mp3 player? When did Windows Media Player start using MDX??? Does DragonZap know about this, he is probably entitled to some sort of compensation. And also I like how you bring up unrelated topics, what does the speed of mIRCs scripting language have to do with CR? Oh thats right, nothing. What does what I do/don't use for an mp3 player have to do with CR? Again, nothing. But surely MDX relates to CR? Oh wait, again, it doesn't.

I don't care what you choose for your IRCd, waste your money, do you think that hurts me? No it makes me happy, it makes me realize that when I'm developing software, no matter what I charge, there will always be some people out there who will be willing to buy it even though they are wasting their money. So please use CR, you harm me in no way at all.

And in any case since you mentioned speed, CR is written in C++. A program written in C++ is generally slower than a program written in C (OOP has some performance hits). Just about every other IRCd is written in C. Therefore, at a very low level, the other IRCds already have an advantage. But go ahead and insult my judgement, I mean I only started working with IRC/IRCd/coding yesterday. Oh wait, I've been using IRC for 5 years, coding my own IRCd for 3 years, and programming for 7years...