One person reported it as only happening on DALnet, but as i recall later said it was happening elsewhere. Unfortunately this is a common error, so it happening to someone else at the same time doesnt surprise me. Were you both on the same server and server port? and by any chance dccing to each other at the time? Did you try diff server and server port to connect? connecting to ip instead of domain? You tried a diff network and no probs? If so, then it could well be a DALnet related prob, altho im not sure what could do that.

As for how to disable xp's firewall, i cant help you there, since i dont use xp. hrm.. perhaps in start/control panel? i imagine it must tell you how someplace in windows help files.

It does seem suspicious that it just started happening after you reinstalled Norton. Did you check their website for any updates?

ok, here's what i would try. First find out how to disable xp's firewall and see if it stops. (close mIRC while you do that, then reopen and connect) If it doesnt, then we have to consider norton under your circumstances. Check their website for any and all updates. i truly hate to tell someone to disable virus scanner, but not sure how else to rule it out as the cause... other than closing mIRC, uninstall norton, reinstall, reboot. If you do disable it to test, just PLEASE dont download anything during that time and be careful! I;'d leave that as last resort to try tho

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet