I've seen a few people say mIRC should be an OS! And just look at what people use mIRC scripting for. A guy recently asked for help making an mIRC httpd. Another guy making an mIRC ircd, another with an ftpd.

So have I, I've been a member of this forum for a while, but you don't seriously suggest that mIRC should be required to perform those tasks do you? I often knock those who say mIRC is just for text-based IRC but trying to run it as a web or IRC server is completely removing it from it's intended role rather than using it for IRC with some enhancements which it could well quite handle with it's current scripting support.

As for $findfile, well I reckon your statement on that must mean you have more MP3 files than you could ever possibly get to hear because my listbox comes up almost straight away. I've never had any complaints from the people that use my script re: the speed of $findfile either. I can only assume that you either use a 486 or have tens of thousands of files.

I still think that the original suggestion is like putting a 5 litre V8 engine in a Daihatsu Charade. While the power to weight ratio would be useful, it's just not necessary.