Not really a bug report here, but I think it'd be useful if the Track URLs feature was removed. I must admit I didn't even know it existed until a few months ago when somebody was asking why their browser opened everytime someone used a URL in their text - since then there's been a couple of others posting about this [1, 2, 3]. I don't know how it got turned on in any of those cases or why they all seem to have occurred just recently (I assume it isn't on by default otherwise I suppose many more people would have posted about it).

The general lack of prominence of the option (I doubt many people look in the System Menu for such things and obviously none would know to look for "Track URLs" in the helpfile) makes it nearly impossible for someone to turn it off if they somehow turn it on in the first place. Between that, the inherent dangers of opening arbitrary URLs, and the general lack of usefulness of the feature (especially when it can be scripted with a one-liner) it seems like something worth removing.

Obviously if I've misjudged its usefulness and lots of people are using this then there's little point frustrating them by removing it, but from my very limited survey it appears just about no-one knows this feature even exists.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.