Hello

I have used mirc many times before so i know the basics of using mirc.

The problem im getting is that mirc crashes right after i /msg a bot to get a file. Mirc shows not responding with the error code 0x0000005 (goggle says its a illegal access of memory or something along those lines). I have set up all the settings correctly so that it can receive files.

This just started happening recently when i changed hard drives. On my old hard drive (same hardware) mirc worked...although i was using a older version of mirc.

The problem is that this new hard drive is a entry level 750gb western digital server HD. It works flawlessly with other applications. I have even run the disc check&error program to check the hard drive with no errors showing.

Also i have installed mirc on a secondary hard drive i have in my computer and i still have the same problem. I have even gone as far as installing windows again.

I do not think is has anything to do with my internet connection, router or modem because i am able to use mirc on my notebook without any problems.

Then i thought that my ram was the problem but i have ran mirc with each piece of ram separately with the problem still pertaining. Unless both pieces of my ram are messed up? Or could it be that somehow the ram that i have does not like the new HD that i put in?

I have used 2 different mirc programs. The latest mirc program from the mirc 6.31 and sysreset 2.55.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You.