I'm not sure if I'm right because I didn't test this but maybe you're using the regular expression facility in events incorrectly.

According to the help file:
Originally Posted By: mIRC's help file

The $ prefix

Indicates that the matchtext section of a definition contains a regular expression.

on $*:TEXT:m/regular expression/switches:#:/echo message: $1-

The 'm' and switches are optional. The // are required. If switches are used they must be standard PCRE switches, otherwise the match will fail. You can use switch 'S' to strip control codes from $1-.

Rather than just using /pattern/options, why not use m/pattern/options ? The leading m is used by the PCRE library to allow change in the expression's delimiters. Thus, with the leading m, one could write m@pattern@options, and this would function correctly if no '@' or atleast the '@'s are escaped if present in the pattern.

What I think is that mIRC uses this PCRE possibility to know where to stop its parser when parsing an event's header. Although the help file says that the 'm' is optional (which is true though), maybe it can be used when you want to include a ':' in your pattern. smile

I'm just supposing all that without any tests being done. Sorry if I'm not right. :s

An for the new year, Have Good Times !

Cordialement

tropnul