I meant silent in the "the program doesn't tell me what's wrong" sense. There might be a whole lot of beeping going on, but unless I have my volume turned on and I allow programs to beep, and not unimportantly I am not deaf (which is always a possibility, I happen to have functional hearing but not everyone does), I wouldn't know what was wrong.

The program goes to the email field, but *why*? That's the real problem; it needs to tell me why it's doing what it's doing. A simple popup dialog going "You didn't fill in something for the email field. You need to fill in something - doesn't have to be an email address - because this is used as a backup value for server identification" with just an "OK" button would suffice.

That said, if this field really is only used if the identd check fails, then it shouldn't be there in the first place. mIRC as client should be able to just use any other already set uservalue (like the primary nickname) as identd replacement instead. That way users are not confronted with fields that don't do "what's on the label".

- Pomax