Ok, nobody shoot me for saying this is a bug, please...

We were off topic here, so I moved this to the proper forum...
Originally Posted By: Collective
Not really a bug when you use invalid syntax smile

Also, the reasons for [ ] and $eval working are different. The [ ] brackets evaluate %b early whereas $eval just serves as 'padding' (for want of a better word). Something like $abs(%b) or $null %b would have the same effect (seperating the %var from the comma is the issue, IIRC).

If it's invalid syntax, it should present me with such an error, since it doesn't I can only suspect that originally mIRC supported this and that only after adding support for multiple variables in a single /var (reason the comma followed by a variable is an issue), did this become a "bug". wink

I don't think something should work, but only work some of the time, to me that's a bug. As a fix, it would be nice if multiple variable support was disabled when no equal sign preceeds /var %var.

I wouldn't complain about this if /set and /var had the same syntax. I personally like it better without an equal sign, and could care less about multiple variables in a single /var (I'd probably feel differently if there were variable types).

Code:
var %x = 1, %y = 2
; Oh no! One character longer, what ever will I do now :)
var %x 1 | var %y 2

NaquadaBomb
www.mirc-dll.com