A friend of mine in the chat has a connection problem and his chat sessions always get disconnected. I've been sending a few files to him over DCC, his connection dies (due to his internet provider) and I have to manually resume the send. Since he and I aren't always in the chat actively I thought perhaps I'd try to put together some script that monitors his downloading and will automatically resend the file so that he can resume without having to monitor it myself.

I haven't been scripting in a while and haven't dug around in the mIRC options in a while either to check if there's a way to get started on this script. I was thinking of using a type of "on sending a file start a timer that checks every minute to see if the bytes sent to him are equal to the total size of the file, if not it then resumes. The problem is I need to figure out a way to turn this on when a send begins. I had thought before that there was a such thing as "on SEND" but I guess that was just in my head. Looked through the help file at all the "on" events and can't find one that can be used in this scenario. Any help appreciated.

We don't just write the scripts, we put them to the test! (ScriptBusters)