Quote:

//alias 999 return hi | echo -a $999

hmmz, didn't work, did it? that's because $999 is a freaking token, just like normal mirc.

Actually, $999 is a builtin identifer that points to the 999th space delimited position of a tokenized string. I'm sure you already knew this, but you worded it rather poorly. You can't replace $calc() either. (Though it will work with /1 and /calc)

Quote:
what my question is, is why don't you guys just go to the bug reports forum right now and complain ZOMFG YOU DON'T NEED $1 $2 $3 $4 ETC ETC CUZ YOU CAN DO IT BY SETTING A VARIABLE TO THE SAID TEXT AND PARSE IT USING GETTOK! WTF KHALED YOUR STUPID FOR ADDING $1- SUPPORT WHEN YOU COULD HAVE JUST USED $GETTOK ON A VARIABLE!!!

That's just ridiculous. I pointed out earlier you can: /tokenize 32 %var, and backreference it using $1-.

Yours: //echo -ag $1-4(This is a test and only a test.)
mIRC's: tokenize 32 This is a test and only a test | echo -ag $1-4

Someone already posted above how to do it in a fashion that you want.:
Code:
alias _ { return $gettok($1-,$prop,32) } 

//echo -ag $_(This is a test and only a test).1-4

Quote:
get over yourselves and admit, you just want to argue the point that this is a bad idea to prove your scripting superiority and my scripting inferiority, when in the end, the truth is, you have no clue how good i am or am not of a scripter.

This isn't the issue, the idea in itself isn't a horrible suggestion. The entire issue is that what you want is already easily done using either an alias, or /tokenizing the text and then using $1 to reference the parameters.

I certainly am not judging your scripting abilities. There really is no need to get too defensive over it, especially since it's just a suggestion. Many suggestions never make it into the client. (Take emoticons for example, how many people have actually suggested those over the years (answer: countless))