"Additionally, with yours, the token separators would have to be a fixed item, rather than letting the programmer decide if they want to use something else. "

ok, first and foremost, i'm not requesting that an alias $gettok be replaced, i'm asking for one to be added on. so get off of your high horse of saying "that isn't dynamic" "that limits your abilities" etc etc. it does not, this is a lie. it uses the exact same token delimiter as $1 itself does, so are you saying the same thing about $1 and $2 and $3 etc etc?

"It is just plain inpractical, where would it even end?

range of $-999() / $999() ?? "

the hell? you DO realize those are already tokens anyway, right? THOSE ALREADY EXIST.

for you scripting "geniuses" out there (who apparently are convinced i'm a newb, for some strange reason) lets try a little exercise.

//alias 999 return hi | echo -a $999

hmmz, didn't work, did it? that's because $999 is a freaking token, just like normal mirc.

what my question is, is why don't you guys just go to the bug reports forum right now and complain ZOMFG YOU DON'T NEED $1 $2 $3 $4 ETC ETC CUZ YOU CAN DO IT BY SETTING A VARIABLE TO THE SAID TEXT AND PARSE IT USING GETTOK! WTF KHALED YOUR STUPID FOR ADDING $1- SUPPORT WHEN YOU COULD HAVE JUST USED $GETTOK ON A VARIABLE!!!

get over yourselves and admit, you just want to argue the point that this is a bad idea to prove your scripting superiority and my scripting inferiority, when in the end, the truth is, you have no clue how good i am or am not of a scripter.

thanks, and have a nice day.