I expect input from people who would be effected by the change, good or bad. Not random remarks from bot racists.

Its a very simple request. No need to fight it unless youre effected by it being disabled

The point is that theres no reason to have it enabled by default. FOrget i even spoke about SCRIPTS. Still the same problem applies to the built in feature.

If someone were typing !nick so often that the option would come in handy, they can simply enable it. They lose nothing by not enabling it. They dont need to know the option even exists, and can send it via private message.

On the other hand, for someone who needs to send to the channel, and know nothing about the option, there is a problem.

Even the readme makes it sound like its meant to be off by default.

"Send !nick file as private message
If this option is turned off and you send the message !nick file to a channel, everyone on the channel will see it. if you prefer not to crowd the channel with these messages, you can turn this option on and the user will receive the message privately."

Let the channels, and people who are actually serving the files decide what should be sent to them in a private message, not the irc client by default.

Like jaytea said, its very confusing. It happened to me and it confused me for a good while. I was looking through all of the scripts i had loaded, and just could not figure it out. The last thing i thought of was that there was actually an option that sends specifically !nick as a private message.