Huh? If you link to a script that has security holes in it, then you share a responsibility. It doesn't matter if you scripted it or not, you refered a user directly to an exploitable script. You should have atleast taken a quick look at the code like I did. Don't forget that many people can view our posts, as this is a public forum, so you are responsible for whatever you post on here, whether that be actual code or a link to other people's code.

How many times am I going to have to stress this fact about double evaluation to people before they get it? These scripts can be extremely harmful, yet no one seems to understand that. Suppose I had bad intentions, and could track this person down to whatever network he idles on (all I need to know is right there in his profile), I could do anything to his system that I want to. I'd say that's pretty serious, and is a perfect justification for my warning post.

If you have problems with my post, then don't link to code without knowing if it's safe. It seems like hawkee.com doesn't virus check/review snippets, so I'd never even link to snippets on such site in the first place.

If you can't take the time to review the code that you are linking to, or are unwilling to share responsibility for the fact that you link to unsafe code, or you are offended by others like me who wish to protect people unaware of the kind of code they will be loading into their scripts editor, then please, refrain from posting alltogether.

Yes, this is a lengthy and harsh post, and yes it is perhaps slightly over the top, but this is a very serious issue, which shouldn't be discarded as easily as you did with saying "don't blame me, because I didn't script it" argument.

Gone.