Quote:

yeah..then we would get "143423 million" of:
-when is soon
- a new version is out and it isnt there, how come
- i want it NOW
-what do you mean never, why not?? (multiply the version for linux posts times a bazllion)
-how come you need more time
-it is NOT impossible
-ok, you're changing blahblah, exactly how is that going to work and i need to know right now cause it may effect blahblah
-i dont like that change, you should do it <insert desire here>
-whats to think about
-i held off writing my wondermous script cause you said blahblah and now blahblah
-etc.. all of which only Khaled could answer so even more of his time would be taken up.

Well there is evidence the the contrary. And it is the example I provided in my original post. Expanded dialog support. Khaled, many releases ago said once 16bit was dropped, dialog support would be expanded. Well since then, it hasn't. Yet, even so, we do not have every other day someone saying "when are sliders/richedit/insert-other-controls-here gonna be added?" Or "you said it would be done when 16bit was gone, why hasn't it been done yet?" etc, etc. So why do you think it would be any different for other features?

Also, as a software developer myself, one that does publish a todo list, I can say, yes some people are like that "WHY DID YOU REMOVE [insert feature here]???" "WHY DID YOU ADD [insert feature here]???" but the majority are just people who want to be kept up to speed on how development is going.