Quote:
Thats it you got guys working full time on this program for our enjoyment and without it where would we be? I am a programmer and if I worked as hard on something I would damn well expect to be paid for it.

Khaled isnt working on this client practically at all any more, let alone "full time". The time he worked "hard" on this client was somwhere in the middle of the 90s. Since then there were just small feature enhacements and the occasional bug fix.

Siince the amounts of money rolling in with mirc registrations are so wast, he doesnt even seem to have an incentive to further develop the client. Since no other client can handle the mirc script language, and the kids seem to be still so upbeat about those scriptz, despite the antique Interface mirc is cursed with, he can be sure that for the years to come no other client will even come near to the irc throne, and that the money will continue to roll in, even if he doesnt move a toe any more. Hell, even the monopolist Microsoft invests money and manhours in further development. and doesnt repose on the outcomes of a work they did ten years ago. Imagine how happy you were using Windows 95 today, including the one or another bugfix. But what Khaled does, is exactly that: Doing nothing but still making money of a work done out of a hobby ten years ago.

In this light, chasing down a guy who has some serial number on his website with torches and hay forks like a filthy heretic seems highly exaggregated.